1) In a decision analysis situation, which one of the following costs is not likely to contain a variable cost component? (CMA adapted, 6/96)
2) You have been asked to help a student health center determine which costs will vary with the number of students who come to the health center. The health center employs one doctor, three nurses, and several other employees. How would you classify (1) the nurse’s salary and (2) film and other materials used in radiology to give X-rays to students? The nurse’s salary would be considered a ______, while the film and other materials would be considered a ______.
3) Given the following information:
Fixed Expenses 2,000
Variable Expenses 1,750
What would expected net income be if the company experienced a 10 percent increase in fixed costs and 10 percent increase in sales volume?
4) Pete’s Pizza Place wishes to determine which of its costs will vary with the number of pizzas made. The Pizza Place has four pizza makers and ten other employees who take orders from customers and perform other tasks. The four pizza makers and the other employees are paid an hourly wage. How would one classify (1) the wages paid to the pizza makers and other employees and (2) materials (e.g., cheeses, sauce, etc.) used to make the pizza? The employees’ wages would be considered a ______, while the materials to make the pizza are a ______.
5) Which of the following statements is (are) true?
(1). An asset is a cost that will be matched with revenues in a future accounting period.
(2). Opportunity costs are recorded as intangible assets in the current accounting period.
6) If the fixed costs for a product decrease and the variable costs (as a percentage of sales dollars) decrease, what will be the effect on the contribution margin ratio and the breakeven point respectively? The contribution margin ratio will _____ and the breakeven point will _____.
7) Which of the following activities would not be considered a value-added activity?
8) The development of just-in-time (JIT) methods of production focused on
9) The field of accounting that depends on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) is called
10) Inventoriable costs:
Click here for the SOLUTION