Ashord BUS 308 Week 1 Quiz
1. Question : When using the Chebyshev’s theorem to obtain the bounds for 99.73 percent of the values in a population, the interval generally will be _______ the interval obtained for the same percentage if normal distribution is assumed (empirical rule).
the same as
2. Question : An example of a qualitative variable is the mileage of a car.
3. Question : By taking a systematic sample, in which we select every 100th shopper arriving at a specific store, we are approximating a random sample of shoppers.
4. Question : All of the following are measures of central tendency except the
5. Question : Measurements from a population are called
6. Question : A normal population has 99.73 percent of the population measurements within ___ standard deviations of the mean.
7. Question : When a population is skewed to the left or right with a very long tail, what is the best measure to use for central tendency.
Population standard deviation
8. Question : All of the following are measures of central tendency except the
9. Question : Which percentile describes the first quartile Q1?
10. Question : Any characteristic of a population unit is called a