ACCT 525 COURSE PROJECT – Current Issues in Accounting, Auditing, or Tax
The objective of this project is for you to research a current issue in accounting, auditing, or tax that interests you in depth. The topic could be one that we will discuss in class, such as a specific topic within IFRS, XBRL, ethics, or another topic that you will find interesting. It is important that the topic be extensive enough that eight-to-ten pages can be written on it.
Section Points Description
Title Page 5 Title of your research paper, your name, e-mail address, course number and title, instructor, and date.
Introduction 10 Provide an overview of the topic that you are researching.
History 50 Present the history of the topic including what events led up to the topic coming into being. If applicable, present the history in multiple countries.
Current Status 50 Present the current status of the topic.
Future 50 Describe what you think the future of the topic will be.
Conclusion 15 Present a conclusion to your topic.
References 20 You must use no fewer than six library resources.
All references must be cited in two places: within the body of your paper and on a separate reference list. Choose references judiciously and cite them accurately. Cite all sources using APA format.
Do not use Wikipedia as a reference source. If you find useful information from Wikipedia, triangulate your research and find other, more credible source(s) which provide the same (or better) information, and then utilize the information from that more credible source in your paper and reference page/bibliography.
1. All papers must have a minimum of six scholarly sources cited within the text of the paper and identified in the references section.
2. Additional research sources can be attached in a bibliography.
1. All papers should be single sided, double-spaced, and using a 12-point font.
2. Length of the paper should be between eight-to-ten pages, counting the cover page and bibliography.
3. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, course number, date, and instructor name.
4. Follow APA style for general format and citations.