Bussiness analysis of The Caterpillar Inc. company
Marketing analyis of The Caterpillar Inc. company
Strategic analysis of The Caterpillar Inc. company
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
Caterpillar, Inc. http://www.caterpillar.com
Stock ticker: CAT (NASDAQ)
Examples of Major Competitors:
AB Volvo VOLVY http://www.volvogroup.com
Komatsu KMTUY http://www.komatsu.com
CNH Global N.V. CNH http://www.cnh.com
Deere & Company DE http://deere.com
Kubota Tractor Corporation KTC http://kubota.com
Business Strategy Project Steps
Step Topic/Question Chapter-Page
1. Introduction of the organization
2. Identification of the industry and competitors
3. Potential profitability of the industry
4. Who has succeeded and failed in the industry and why?
What are the critical success factors?
5. What political/legal forces affect the industry?
6. What economic forces affect the industry?
7. What social forces affect the industry?
8. What technical forces affect the industry?
9. What is the current firm-level strategy?
10. What is the current business-level strategy?
11. What business-level strategies are presently being employed by competitors?
12. What is the organization’s marketing strategy?
13. What is the organization’s financial position and financial strategy?
14. What are the organization’s production and purchasing strategies?
15. What are the current strategies in other functional areas such as HR and
16. What strengths exist for the organization?
17. What weaknesses exist for the organization?
18. What opportunities exist for the organization?
19. What threats exist for the organization?
20. What strategic alternatives are available for the organization?
21. What are the pros and cons of these alternatives?
22. Which alternative(s) should be pursued and why?
23. How should the alternative(s) be implemented?
24. How should the alternative(s) be controlled?
25. What crisis events should the firm anticipate?
What are the future prospects for the company?
5000 words paper attached
Click here for the SOLUTION